Directed by: Michael Goldbach.
Starring: Kat Dennings, Reece Thompson, Andie MacDowell.


Daydream Nation follows a city girl who moves to a small town with her father. She soon finds herself in a love triangle with her teacher and some stoner boy.

Everytime. Every single time. I go to watch a Kat Dennings movie, with the prejudice that it will be good and every time I am disappointed. This is a girl that does not know how to pick her scripts.

Daydream Nation is a movie that had such an impact on my life that I remember literally almost nothing. Whilst watching the film I had no idea which direction it was going or what was actually happening at all.



I chose this movie to watch because I started dating my teacher recently and I was looking for movies which were... about girls dating their teachers. (P.S if you want a good one, watch Molly Maxwell, it's my fave). Considering this is what I was looking for, the movie did provide good content in this area, so I guess that's a positive, out of many negatives.

Overall, I just would not recommend you waste your time watching this film. But if you are into films that are trying to be like American Beauty (1999) then go ahead. Also if you're a Dennings fan, stick to 2 Broke Girls so you don't end up disliking her and ruining it for yourself.