Directed by: Daisy von Scherler Mayer.
Starring: Adam Brody, Zoe Kazan, Kristen Bell, Emily Watson, Mia Maestro, Jennifer Morrison.


Some Girl(s) is the movie adaptation of the Neil LaBute play. The film focuses on a fella who is about to get married but decides travel around America and visit his ex-girlfriends before doing so.

I didn't really... get it. I got it but I didn't get the point of it. The film came to no conclusion. It was just a guy who visited his ex-girlfriends, almost cheated, got emotional, I'm pretty sure got accused of rape/paedophillia and then thats litterally it. He doesn't even fly back to his fiance... or he does... there is literally no substance to this.

I found it mostly enjoyable all the way through, due to the cast and I didn't know what to expect so I thought there would be of an ending or some definition to the film. I found the scenes interesting but sometimes awkward to watch due to the fact in one scene he gets accused of being a rapist maybe? and in another he almost kind of gets raped? but it just doesn't seem like at all also. I mostly enjoyed just the conversations, which looking back on, is all the film was.

The cinematography also wasn't something that I was moved by. The shots were pleasant to watch with the light colours and atmosphere but it's not something that I think made the film at all better.

I didn't really go into this film knowing much about it or expect for the cast. I expected there to be much more, especially considering the big hollywood names included. I suppose if nothing else this film allowed the actors to show their acting abilities. 

One positive that I did take away from this film is the ending song. As I lat there at 3am whilst the credits played and I pondered on what the frick I had just watched Timber Timbre - Lonesome Hunter played and I became obsessed. It's such a lovely song and ended the film wonderfully.

It was definitely an experience watching this film and it did have a 500 Days of Summer vibe in some way. Perhaps this is a story that is much better performed in the play version. I won't recommend or not recommend, this one is entirely up to you. Although, if you're into phycology then I suppose this film does give a good look into relationships and characters.