I kept my relationship and life super low-key for about 2 years, to the point where some of my friends didn't even know I had a man. 2 weeks ago I broke up with him which actually wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, considering me and my entire family thought we would get married. Even though I feel literally no emotion towards the break-up (probably because I've been emotionally sidetracked with a new guy or should I say fuckery) I'm trying my best to force the tears out by watching break-up movies. Here is my 'non conforming' list of ultimate break-up movies...

The Notebook (2004)
Me and my most favourite friend Bianca, had a little sleepover where we literally just watched this. Admittedly, I had been drunk 6 days in a row, with little-to-no sleep, so I definitely knocked out half way through but maybe that's a good thing. The Notebook is my go-to film to remind me that love still exists but also that it is never like the movies and Ryan Gosling will never build you a house.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
I was having this debate with a friend the other day that this movie is the most ultimate break-up movie ever. It takes you through the falling in love, the break-up and the aftermath all in one go, just a bit more fucked up. This is the kind of movie that helps you see straight after your life has been completely turned upside down.

Submarine (2010)
This is more of a personal pick. Submarine (along with Candy (2006) ) is the one movie that has gotten me through every hardship I've ever had since I was about 15. It reminds me that being alone is perfectly fine and being in love is too but being love isn't always sunsets and love poems. To me Submarine always reminds me to re-evaluate my life and pick back up my hobbies, music and everything else, after dropping them when you get into a relationship.

(500) Days of Summer (2009)
If this movie doesn't get you through a break-up I don't know what will. It'll remind you just how kind of shitty relationships are most of the time, how easy it can be to move on and also how much The Smiths can affect your life. Expectations are never reality.

Amelie (2001)
If you need a movie that will make you remember what being an (indie)pendant woman is like then this is for you. Amelie is the film that will always cheer me up and remind me to see the beauty in little things. Just watch it, it's fab.