ARTIST: SYLVAN ESSO
TRACK: HEY MAMI



Soundcloud has come back into my life after a quick minute. Me and my flatmates basically just have Soundcloud sessions till 6 in the morning, at least once a week. So now, I'm discovering and rediscovering all of the best kind of music. Including this gem.

Hey Mami came on randomly one day when I was drinking and it immediately caught my attention. At first it was just the vibes and the sound that hooked me in and then after listening to the track repeatedly for 5 days straight on the tube, I started listening to the lyrics.

It turns out it's actually a very feministic kind of song which personally, makes me love it even more. It talks about a girl going down to her local Bodega and the comments and looks she gets from the men as she goes. It's goes on about the power she holds but that she doesn't even know about it which I can completely relate to.

It's the perfect song to jam to when at any given time of the day but I would definitely recommend it for those after party drinks in your room.