High end fashion has always been an interest of mine, the big gowns the red nail varnish, the runway shows and the hair & makeup. Everything about high end fashion from the shop layouts and design to the clothing I've always looked into. So, naturally, haute couture is something that became of interest also, especially with it being quite big of Tumblr now (or perhaps I'm just following the right people).

For those who are reading this post and don't actually know what haute couture is (don't worry, I didn't technically know what it meant till a year ago) - Haute Couture is (as google says) "expensive, fashionable clothes produced by fashion houses". Think Chanel, YSL and Givenchy.

I've only recently discovered my favourite fashion houses through the likes of Tumblr and Pinterest, as well as many magazines and YouTube channels. So, here are my favourite haute couture fashion houses. 

Valentino:
For a long time I thought Elie Saab was my favourite designer but Valentino has definitely swayed me. What I like most is the attention to detail and the precision embroidery that each dress showcases. It's the perfect amount of fairy princess but also mysterious. The colours they use, the baby pinks, the spruce blue and the misty greys are all beautiful. If there was ever a brand that I identified with it would be Valentino.



Just look at those designs!

Elie Saab.
As previously mentioned Elie Saab had always been my favourite fashion house. Just like Valentino Saab created masterpieces of dresses that blew you away with the embroidery. The floral details on gowns are the iconic focus points when it comes to Elie Saab. It is as if a fairytale has come to life when you look at an Elie Saab dress, you instantly imagine a forest full of rabbits and deer. 


 

The epitome of 'femininity'.

Givenchy:
Think jewels, think gold on black satin, think 7 inch CLB heels with a scotch on the rocks. Givenchy is everything that is cool. There are limited words to express the beauty of Givenchy.




Alberta Ferretti:
Ferretti is a designer that I have only recently discovered but instantly fell in love with. When I think of this fashion house I think of 'edgy lace'. The dresses are so uniquely perfected. Designed in ways you don't see often. Simply beautiful.


Giambattista Valli:
Valli is one of the more modern houses I have chosen with more edgy and monochromatic pieces in it's latest collections. Still very similar to the Saabs and Valentino's with the long gowns, lace and embroidery. Valli manages to town it down but also amplify it simultaneously.



Oscar de la Renta:
Classic and artistic yet edgy and modern.