I always wonder who peoples fashion icons are and what inspired them to wear that outfit or get that hair cut. I thought it would be interesting to take a look at my favourite fashion people and maybe their style will inspire you too.


Alexa Chung.
I felt like we should get this one out of the way. Who doesn't love Alexa? Some days I just sit there and wonder what it's like to be her (more importantly, what it was like to be in a relationship with Alex Turner).

Her effortless style always looks chic and grunge. She looks flawless constantly and knows how to make a dressed down look dressed up. Alexa is everything, who wouldn't want to be a model, presenter, journalist, author and DJ like her? With a million and one collections with different brands, this 'IT' girl has her fashion game on point.

The Olsen Twins.
There's always been a competition in my heart whether the Olsen twins outweigh my love for Alexa and I don't think that will ever end, so... lets just call it a three way tie.


Their style is faultless always. Whenever I want dress classy but still add that grunge or boho edge, I look to these two ladies. Everything they do is so well done and everything they wear is even more so. The way they accessorise is one my favourite things about them. Whether it's their bag or their over-sized rings, they always do something extra to pull their outfit together.

Amy Winehouse.
There was always something special about Amy Winehouse, especially in the clothes that she wore. She never looked like she tried too hard but still always managed to look edgy and great. Her modern twist on the pinup style is something that always stood out to me and is one of the things that makes me feel confident to wear 'different' items out in public.


I always look to Amy after watching films like This Is England (2006) because she had the mod scene in her but was always able to make it look 'feminine' whilst also adding her own unique touch.

Jemima Kirke.
If you watch Girls, the television programme, then you will be well aware of Jemima. In the show her style is unbeatable and she really mixes up the boho with the city grunge. In the show however, she often just wears her own clothes, so she pretty much looks perfect all the time. 


Whilst I don't think her style is fashion week great, I think what really makes her standout is the way she adds some 'pizzazz' to an extremely casual outfit; be that with her hair, accessories or lipstick. I always feel like her 'I don't give a fuck' personality shines through with her outfits and it really works as a whole.

Lindsay Lohan.
It was probably only last year when I realised how much I liked Lindsay Lohans style. She's another one of those girls that knows how to give a casual outfit a little something extra. She knows how to work with her body shape and also with her hair, which works as a great asset with her outfits.


What I like most about Lindsay, is that it seems as if she knows what materials work well. In the above picture she couldn't be wearing a more simple outfit if she tried, but it's seems as though she picked a piece that is a good fit and a quality material and that is something that really adds definition to an outfit. 

Sky Ferreira.
This girl styles her outfits as if she was born with a beanie and Doc Martens. She is the modern day grunge girl.


What's great about Sky, is that she's the type of girl who will go out in a band t-shirt and some shorts but what makes her standout as a 'fashion icon' is the way she (like Jemima) uses her hair, makeup and accessories to her advantage. In some of the clothes she wears, she could look extremely preppy or boho but because of her makeup and hair choices, it instantly makes her look grunge, which is something I admire.

Gwen Stefani.
Ever since No Doubt came about, Gwen looked great. She's always been on trend but keep it real by adding her own personal touch it seems.

This is a lady who really knows how to toughen up a sophisticated outfit. If I ever end up working in a professional environment, I'll be sure to Pinterest search Gwen up for style ideas. With her blonde hair, red lips, lights shades but darker tones, Gwen looks like someone who really knows what colours are right for her.

Chloe Sevigny.
Chloe is the definition of cool. She's been a favourite lady of mine after discovering her in Kids (1995). She's so laidback yet still so edgy in nature which is something that definitely reflects in her clothing choices.


That has been the list of my favourite stylish ladies. The people that I turn to when I don't know what to wear in the morning. Something to remember though, don't try to look like anybody else, just take inspiration and tailor it to yourself and your personality. If you want to see more, then follow me on Pinterest, here