Chanel has been my favourite brand since I was 17. I don't exactly know why, but one year in college I just became obsessed and started buying and receiving Chanel gifts. As a 19 year old student, I don't have the biggest collection of chanel items and don't particularly want to own items that I won't use, just to say I have them. I feel as though I do have a decent array of items to share with you however.

________________________________________________________________________________

One of my favourite aspects of the chanel beauty line is their base makeup. Their foundations are easily one of the best, as they have a lightweight but medium/high coverage and they just feel silky to put on.

The Chanel Soleil Tan De Bronze Universal, is a new addition to my Chanel family and a very welcomed one at that. I've definitely been on a cream over powder vibe lately and this cream bronzer is lovely to work with and creates a subtle contour whilst adding a lovely bit of colour to the skin.

The Chanel mirror was a gift from my sister and, it's great. I love pulling it out wherever I am and feeling like a rich french lady. It's classic and chic whilst also being a great size for portability.

Chanel is well known for their iconic perfumes such as Coco Chanel. I find that I don't really vibe with Chanel perfumes, as a personal thing. I'm the type of girl that much prefers and only wears mens perfume, such as Mont Blonc. I do however, appreciate the scents of Chanel and feel as though they are a great summer scent on an evening out.

Chanel lipsticks are wear the brand starts to go downhill for me. Whilst they are so beautifully packaged and presented, I find that whenever I wear them they always bleed out and I am having to re-apply quite often. There are the other lines of lipsticks that I am yet to try, which are maybe formulated better but for now, I am deterred from trying.

The one, lonely Chanel lip-liner that I own is one of my everyday must wears. I find that it gives great pigment and has long lasting qualities. I wear it as a all over lip item and for me it works and looks great all day.

The Chanel eyeliner, is an item that I haven't particularly used that much of. The first time I used it, it was very hard to control and found that when trying to create a cat-eye, I could not. Perhaps this is because of my own inabilities though. Something else that is not their strong point, is that, as it is a rotary eyeliner pen, too often too much liquid comes out and you are left with too much product and it cause a whole situation. It's an item I try and steer clear of.

The Chanel nail varnishes are great, for their colour range. For the actual product, not so much. Everyone who has owned a Chanel nail varnish, knows how bad they can chip and how little the last. I find that after a day or two, they are already chipping and not looking great. Maybe with a really good top and base coat, this could be an excellent product.

Overall, Chanel's beauty products are very hit and miss. One thing for sure is that their base makeup and their bags are the only things that should be celebrated. Even if the product isn't that good though, the packaging is pretty swanky.