Finding programmes that match my kind of personality and interests is very hard, especially ones that can make me laugh or get me hooked into. I'm a huge fan of american sitcoms and crime shows, so here is a list of programmes that I'm currently watching.


Girls.
I'm sure by now my obsession and love, hate relationship with Lena Dunham and Girls is obvious. Girls has everything, but I have already done a blog post discussing the show, here.

Season 3 has just begun and a lot has changed. I feel like season the show has matured a lot but also it's leaving out a lot of the main characters which I'm not feeling. However, I have high hopes for the rest of the season and recommend you watch this for a quirky, woman centered, New York show.

The Mindy Project.
The Mindy Project has been for a couple of years now and it's a programme I love watching on lazy nights with my sister. Since me and my sister don't live as near each other anymore, I started watching the show much more religiously and have grown attached to the characters.

The show started off very offensive but has matured over the seasons and has become I very funny, witty and sarcastic show with great depth. Another New York City show with a whole different take on the city; if you haven't already watched this, where have you been? (Although there is rumours of the show cancelling)

New Girl.
New Girl and The Mindy Project go hand in hand, as they air on the same day so you tend to watch them together. New Girl is much more dimensional with character development constantly and growth. The show has a very mature humour which is something that attracts me to it. The characters, whilst not really relatable, have something about them which you bond with.

This show is a great one and always seems to get better and better with each episode.

Modern Family.
Both full of and breaking stereotypes at the same time, Modern Family is a great family friendly show. Modern Family shows a range of different demographics and essentially the 'modern' type of family. Although, no divorced couples?

The show is witty and hilarious with occasional slapstick humour, which doesn't annoy me as much as it usually would. The characters are all likeable and each have their own distinctive personality and add their own unique touch. It's very easy to get involved with their lives but at the same time it's not a show that I think about too much.

Modern Family is an easy and funny watch with not too much to think about. It's much the family version of Friends.

Luther.
This is a slight cheat as Luther is yet to come back on television yet but it is a show that I will definitely be watching in 2015.

Luther is considerably one of the best crime series I have watched in years. I feel like the BBC's strong point is good crime shows and Luther had been the best of the bunch. It has everything from intellect to humour. There, so far, has been nothing this show has done wrong for me.

The show is unbelievably gripping, it has the same impact that say, Breaking Bad had. It's a show that is loved by so many and a show that me and my whole family sit down and enjoy.
For me, since moving to London, the show has become that much more special. I live right next to where they shoot a lot of scenes, so I really believe the show and genuinely get nightmares about some storylines.

Luther is a show that will stick with you and you will be forever attached to.

Broad City.
Broad City, is a show I have previously featured on this blog. You can check out what I have to say on the show, here.
The show has recently started its second season and has definitely improved but kept it's originality since the first.

2 Broke Girls.
2 Broke Girls, used to be a great show. Until recently where it's become kind of overdone and boring, using stereotype humour for cheap jokes. The latest season has become very dry and the characters are becoming a bit repetitive and more annoying than they originally were.

I still watch this show however because, well, Kat Dennings. And, the way it integrates the modern day culture with talk about Instagram, Hipsters and pop culture references. Another show coming from New York City, with a completely different perspective. It's also great trash tv and hopefully one day it can become as good as it as it used to be.

Cougar Town.




















Cougar Town has been a good one ever since the days when Community was still on air. I don't watch this show so consistently as the others, mostly because I never know if it's cancelled or not. This a great show for funny wit and just a general at ease time. At times the characters can get annoying and I'm noticing there is not a lot of diversification but that could be due to the settings of the series.

With a lot of characters from Friends and Scrubs doing cameos and as main characters, this show will fill you with nostalgia and will brighten your day.

Suburgatory.






















Suburgatory is another show that I often forget about but always find enjoyable. It very much reminds of Easy A and that high school atmosphere. There isn't much to say other than it's full of a different kind of humour that maybe not everyone will get but those that do will love it.

Awkward.

















Awkward, although slightly losing it in the latest season, is a very humorous and witty show. I previously also wrote a blog post on this show, which you can read here. I would definitely recommend giving this a watch if you're into the whole coming of age and high school vibe. 

Bob's Burgers.
I previously featured Bob's Burgers on this blog a couple of weeks ago, alongside my other top cartoons. You can read more, here. In summary, Bob's Burgers, is one of the best adult cartoons that I have watched since Daria way back when.

The OC.
This is another cheat as I tried to stick to shows that were still airing. The OC has been a recent favourite of mine, especially when my lecturers were ill and I had literally nothing left to do for a month after christmas.
The OC used to be mine and my sisters favourite programme when we were younger, alongside Dawson Creek and the rest. The OC has drama and comedy with the beach backdrop to pull it all together. If you like Gossip Girl and haven't watched this already, definitely try it out.