Directed by: Todd Louiso.
Starring: Melanie Lynskey, Christopher Abbott, Blythe Danner, John Rubinstein.


Hello, I Must Be Going, tells the tale of a divorcee who moves back in with her parents when she meets a new guy. But, the new guy is 19 and she definitely is not. We see the new lease of life she has been given and the problems she faces along the way.

My initial thought after watching this film is that, it should have been a television show. It just didn't work as a film for me. It wasn't exactly comedic and it wasn't exactly dramatic and I just felt this would have worked better as a sitcom. I also feel this way as it strongly reminded me of the show Girls in many ways but a stripped down version with a more mature (in some ways) take. I could have also thought this because of the featuring of Christopher Abbott, who played Charlie in Girls.

The acting is definitely something that I felt was a strong point but nothing exceptional. I don't feel as though the casting was done well. The older lady seemed the same age as the young man she was seeing, which was a huge flaw for the story and the lady didn't even seem that old the relationship felt even more normal.

The cinematography was another strong point and something that pulled the film together. There was lots of pale colouring and wide spaces which enhanced the suburban location. I also felt the colours added to the emotions and vibe, of playful love and when you first fall in love but I think this was just a happy coincidence. 
Although the cinematography was good I feel like it could have been much better. The whole image they created did seem to run all the way through and there was very little change where there could have been.

As a whole, I do feel like this film wasn't anything special but with the main characters 'Bridget Jones' vibe; I feel like she would work great with her own television series. It just wasn't worth the watch and I don't feel like I gained anything from this film.