Directed by: Joe Swanberg.
Starring: Jake Johnson, Olivia Wilde, Anna Kendrick, Ron Livingston.


Drinking Buddies, follows a pair of work friends who double date one day, in a cabin and come back with some stuff to deal with. And the way the work friends deal, is by drinking.

Thinking back on this film, a lot actually happened but as there was no real conclusion or like gripping plot, the film kind of slipped through my fingers. I felt all the way through the film there was so much potential, it was going so well but the ending let it down so much.

The acting in this film was surprisingly well executed. Jake Johnson never disappoints and he gave his character such a warm and honest personality. I found the whole 'work place' vibe, very realistic and made me more invested in the story.
I felt like Anna Kendricks character, however, was very dry and just hard to watch. I understand she was meant to be a bit stiff but I feel like she could have given a little bit more to the role.

The cinematography in Drinking Buddies wasn't anything spectacular. I found that the colouring was something that was unique to see in a comedy kind of film. There was a very indie image being projected and I feel like it definitely enhanced the film as a whole.

Overall, I very much liked the film but was strongly disappointed in the ending and feel like there could have been so many other possibilities. This film was fun watch and made me love Jake Johnson even more.