Directed by: Elgin James.
Starring: Juno Temple, Kay Panabaker, Kyle Gallner, Chris Coy, Neal McDonough.


Little Birds tells the tale of two best friends who meet a trio of skater boys from LA and run away to be with them one summer.

I loved Little Birds simply because it's one of those films that all teenage girls aspire to live their life like. The story-line, although I don't doubt has been done previously, is something I've never seen before. The characters were unique yet relatable, in the sense that you knew them. The shots produced were visually stunning, it was a like a summary of summer nights.

I found the story as a whole, very slow and uncaptivating. It was interesting and enjoyable however it was the kind of film I could go and cook dinner in-between watching. It's the kind of story made for a lazy morning or afternoon, when you just kind of lay there for no reason.

At the start I did find it hard to match the characters to their families and kind of figure out what was going on there. I also didn't see the relevance of some of the earlier scenes and information and I didn't feel as though I was drawn to any of the characters. Their personalities were very immature, where even if I was still 15, I wouldn't be impressed by their behavior.

I found the cinematography to be very calming to watch and although it was somewhat plain and minimalistic very enchanting. The colours used were very innocent in a sense, much like that in a fairytale. The scenes created were hugely hazy and dream like.

As a whole, I found Little Birds to be a lovely little film, with great views and cinematography. I thought the ending was very unexpected and a definite plot twist. This is the perfect summer movie to watch when your 15-17 years old or if you want to regret every choice you made as a teenager.