Every person who has ever dated (or been themselves) a stoner, has a favourite cartoon or watches a lot of cartoons. One of my favourite things to do, which tends to happen after being quite drunk the night before, is to lay in bed all day with my best friend and watch Adventure Time.

Over the years, I have came across many cartoons and I'm here to share my favourite ones with you, in no particular order. Don't be fooled though, these aren't cartoons for children, these are cartoons that can be enjoyed well into your middle age life.

Adventure Time.
I'm sure by now you've all heard of Adventure Time, as it's become hugely popular over the past year or so. Adventure Time follows the lives of two brothers Jake The Dog and Finn The Human. They live in Candy Mountain and we follows their journey on many missions and through their life.

If you know me in real life, you'll be aware that Adventure Time is my obsession and it's so real that it's the first brand that I've actually given into capitalism for brought merchandise from. The thing about Adventure Time is that it's not just for kids. It's an extremely deep show that teaches you a lot about life and provides a new way of thinking. The characters are genuinely funny, without trying to hard and there's a (somewhat) coherent storyline in regards to the relationships and plots. I personally find the characters very relatable, with Lumpy Space Princess and Lemongrabs being my like spirit animals.

Overall, Adventure Time is one of the greatest cartoons made in years and the statistics show that. If you haven't yet, give Adventure Time a shot and I can assure you will not be disappointed.

Bob's Burgers.
Bob's Burgers quickly became one of my favourite cartoons. In the show we follow the life of a family of 5, who own a burger restaurant. The cartoons protagonist is Tina, who is the epitome of an angsty teenage girl. We see the family face many incidents both at school and in the burger store.

I definitely did not just describe the show the best, however that is because you just have to watch the show to understand (and it's like 3am). I, myself, am not a fan of shows like Family Guy or The Simpson's at all, I find them repulsive and dry. For this reason I find it hard to find many adult cartoons I can watch, you know, ones that aren't racist, sexist, homophobic or a shit fest. Bob's Burgers however was a pleasant surprise. I find this show relatable, hilarious, exciting and unique.
What I like most about Bob's Burgers is just how much you can relate. It's very much like real life and the show doesn't try too hard with any gimmicks. The characters are humorous in a sarcastic and unintentional way, which I find very appealing about the show.

Getting better every episode and growing stronger every month, Bob's Burgers is one to look into. I don't feel as though the humour will be for everyone but if you like the humour then you will love the show.

Daria.
I grew up watching Daria and forgot about it until about a year ago. Daria, is a spin off from Beavis and Butthead and it follows the life of Daria, a mundane I-Don't-Give-A-Fuck, teenager through her high school life.

Daria is basically Tumblr in a cartoon. It works so well because it's so real, especially with it's level of sarcasm and cynicism. The whole show is a summary of the 90's and you just want to recreate everything you see.

Daria isn't for everyone, I feel you have to understand certain things and live a certain life to fully enjoy this show. Daria is everything and you should try one episode to see if it's for you.

Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.
The Grim Adventures is a show I used to watch in primary school and it's recently started showing on Cartoon Network again. The show revolves around Billy and Mandy who win the Grim Reaper after a limbo contest. We see them through many adventures, missions and difficulties.

I don't know what isn't to love about this show. The Grim Reaper is some kid of Caribbean man, Billy is just strange and Mandy is a sassy little miss. The whole show is a random compilation but one that works so well.

I can't imagine you haven't watched this programme before but if that is the case, then didn't try it out.

Courage the Cowardly Dog. 
Courage the Cowardly Dog is a horror comedy, Cartoon Network classic. Courage is the pet dog of Muriel and Eustace of which live in the 'Middle of Nowhere'. They get thrown into outlandish situations with ghosts and the supernatural world.

I remember watching Courage with my momma as a child and playing the game of Sky. Looking back and when I often still watch on Cartoon Network at night, Courage is a super fucked up show. It reminds me quite a lot of Adventure Time in many way but more advanced in certain aspects.

I don't know what it is about Courage the Cowardly Dog, maybe because it's a horror, which is quite unusual to see in cartoon form. Regardless, Courage is a great show with a unique concept and genuinely good content. Highly recommend.

Regular Show.
If you're watching Adventure Time, you know about Regular Show. Regular Show revolves around Mordecai and Rigby, who work together at the local park. They both get up to mishaps on the job, often involving their friends and girlfriends/love interests.

It took me a while to get into Regular Show, I found the character Rigby really hard to like and was generally annoyed by it all. Then it grew on me and I'm quite fond of it now. I wouldn't say it's a favourite but I feel like/noticed that the male demographic hugely enjoy this more.

The stories and adventures in the show are very modern, which I find is an interesting aspect. There are episodes which feature going into the Internet and other such things, so I feel as though that makes the show much more relatable in a sense. The show as a whole is definitely worth a watch.