King Krule.
19.

Archy Marshall otherwise known as King Krule and previously known as Zoo Kid is a British, 19 year old, musical master.

I first got introduced to King Krule in summer 2013 and his album '6 Feet Beneath The Moon' was my go to jam. He makes a sound that almost every indie kid looks for and that combined with his raspy voice, works unreal wonders. I would, best describe him as a rapping, jazzier version of Jamie T.

He's blown up in the past year or so but not the extent that I had hoped and that he deserves. Saying that, he's now worked with the likes of Earl Sweatshirt, Jagwar Ma, RATKING and Mount Kimbie. Played at two major festivals being Glastonbury and Parklife. Also featured on the front covers of magazines such as, Fader, Clash and I-D...



Writing, generally, about his childhood, on subjects such as police and late night buses, '6 Feet Beneath The Moon' is an album that NME worded as "strange and raw, full of gravel and tortured, distended estuary vowels" which is basically all there is to say.

Personally I prefer his older stuff, from King Krule (2011) as a day-to-day listen and his Zoo Kid work is definitely one to look into. In summary, King Krule has it all, the image, the mentality, the abilities and the vision. He's going to go far in his industry, at least I hope he does, as the world needs more music like this. I can also see him merging into different industries such as film, perhaps, that could just be me. So, if there is one thing you do today, it should be to search King Krule up and get on that..