Fashion in film and on television has long been the starting ground for new trends. It forms new icons and influences the runways. Likewise, fashion on screen is also a portrayal of the current style and it captures the trends also. However, some productions do it a lot better than the rest, so here is my personal opinion of the screens best dressed:

Jemima Kirke as Jessa Johansson in Girls.

The epitome of boho style. With her long hair and flowy tops, Jessa immediately caught my attention upon entrance into the world of Girls. I stopped cutting my hair into a bob and went out and bought a blazer straight away. 



Julia Roberts as Vivian Ward in Pretty Woman.

Who knew prostitutes had good style? Ever since I watched this at like 5 years old, I have wanted that red blazer. I genuinely can't think of a better look than a pair of shorts and good blazer. Both before and after Richard Gere picked her up from the street, her style was a solid 10/10.

Blake Lively as Serena Van Der Woodsen in Gossip Girl.

Both on-screen and off Blake Lively is everything. Her couture collection of outfits on Gossip Girl made me want to get my life together so I can be rich enough to buy them myself. Always elegant and always chic, she managed to look consistently great, even in her customised Constance outfit. 

Lauren Conrad in The Hills.

The ultimate big sister, LC taught me everything about fashion... so much so that I've gone into fashion journalism kind of like her. Always clean cut and preppy, Lauren had it down. Goals forever.

Courtney Cox as Monica Geller in Friends.

I only clocked Monica had good style very recently. Although Rachel is classed as the fashionable one, as she works at Ralph Lauren, I think Monica's simple 90's style very timeless and chic.