Architecture meets Chanel.

In this seasons haute couture show we see Chanel collab with the architecture industry as they create a very eco, modern and minimalist wooden house. All wooden and beige to match the mostly beige and wooden theme of this seasons clothing.

The show itself was completely unique and unlike any show I have seen before. The choreography of it all and the movements of the house and the models worked well. The slowness of the models really matched the very simple and calm vibes of the wooden theme.

However, the music did not. I feel like the music could have been more acoustic and gentle rather than the slightly garish music that was used. I found it very off-putting and it kind of reminded me of a bad trip I had on some drug once. When I first saw the clips of the show I immediately thought Swedish, fresh and flutes and had the music been something similar it would've made the show a lot better.


 

 

Chanel is the love of my life and I say this every time, the statement tweed jackets just don't do it for me. So the first 7 minutes or so of the show were a complete write off for me. I appreciate the choice of still featuring the jackets and I do think they are pretty but I don't think of modern day Chanel when I see them and I need them to go.

As the show went on the real Chanel came out. I felt a very 1920's vibe coming through with the dresses and it was beautiful. The whole idea of working with wood was a great experiment and they managed to pull it off well. The beige colours and hues of brown really complimented the green grass and the blue sky and it was the perfect imagery of Spring/Summer. 

 

 

I like my clothes like I like my men, black... and satiny? These four outfits really stood out to me. The elegance of them mixed with the different materials immediately caught my eye. The winner of the show had to be Miss Lindsey Wixson's outfit though:


All in all, Chanel put on a great show. From the production of the set to the production of the clothes, it really owned the essence of the Spring - Summer season.