Created by: Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, Ian Brennan.
Starring: Emma Roberts, Lea Michele, Ariana Grande, Jamie Lee Curtis, Abigail Breslin, Keke Palmer, Nick Jonas, Skyler Samuels, Billie Catherine Lourd, Diego Boneta. 


Scream Queens is the 2015 Fox television series that follows the lives of the Kappa Kappa sorority house as they face murders all over campus.

I have literally not felt more excited for a show all year. It's been awhile since I've found a television show that has done something new and interesting yet is still entertaining and balanced. (At this point I would like to mention I've never watched American Horror Story, so if it's like that, excuse me). Seeing a thriller mixed with comedy was something I've never really experienced in a series before, especially from a more female driven perspective. The show is completely ridiculous but it's also relatable and understandable and it works so well.





The cast was immediately something that came to my, and probably everyone ever, attention. It was A class celebrity studded with the likes of Ariana Grande and Nick Jonas in particular. I feel like this is something that made the show that much more intriguing. You already knew these people from their previous work and press but there was something about seeing them in these characters and personalities that kind of connected you differently to the show. Whilst some shows can fail when you have too many known people in one show, in this case it seemed to come together amazingly and they all interacted in a great dynamic.

In general, I think that the show was produced pretty much perfectly. Series 1 has just ended and from what I watched it was pretty flawless (minus the season finale but I will get to that later), The storylines were always fresh and exciting and whilst watching, there was never really a point where I was bored with either the story or the characters. One thing I feel that helped this is how they made it very modern. Most shows are shy of using modern technology too much but Scream Queens kind of embraced it and everything else such as social media and generally the way in which we live in 2015 and I found this to make the show much more relatable and enjoyable to watch.



Continuing along the lines of storylines, the season finale of series 1 was one of the few negatives for me. Its in this episode that the killer is revealed and it felt as though it was just thrown onto us. There was so much more that could have been done to create suspense or add more to the story but it just wasn't done and the ending fell flat. However having 1 big negative out of 13 episodes is still pretty good going.

More technically, the settings, the props, the fashion and the music. All 10/10. Imagine Mean Girls in haute couture and you have the 3 main girls of the Kappa house. You can really see the details and prep that has gone into creating this show as everything is designed and assembled so well. Although the show is very modern, it also has it's own unique personality and feel. If anything, you should watch Scream Queens for production purposes alone.

Overall, I think Scream Queens is great. As the producer, Ryan Murphy says, "it's a show for everyone" and I definitely agree. Much like his other works such as Glee and American Horror Story, it's a show that always has someone you can relate to. Scream Queens is definitely a show to watch out for in 2016, especially with Harry Styles rumoured to be joining the cast in Season 2. If I gave out ratings, Scream Queens would undoubtedly be a 4/5.