Directed by: Richard Bates Jr.
Starring: Matthew Gray Gubler, Kat Dennings, Ray Wise, Barbara Niven.


Suburban Gothic is the film that follows an unemployed post-grad who can see the dead. He goes on a mission to fix the situation with the dead and the living.

To be honest, I don't think I've ever watched a film like this. I saw the trailer and noticed that Kat Dennings was in it but imagined the film to be more like Nick and Norah than... whatever it was.

I wouldn't say there were many good things about this film. It wasn't bad, like it was humorous in a kind of ironic way but it was nowhere need great... or good. The whole storyline seemed very blase and I couldn't really what type of audience it was aiming for. I feel like maybe 13 - 15 year olds would like this movie but for all the wrong reasons.



The acting and the cinematography is something that I will compliment. The characters managed to bring humour but in a non-obvious way which is what I personally love. And the cinematography was extremely unique for a horror film. I remember watching this film and thinking "if Wes Anderson ever did a horror movie it would look like this".

Overall, this is definitely not a film that will have any lasting impact on my life or IMDB archive whatsoever. Whilst the first half was fairly watchable, I completely lost interest after. Horror films have never been my forte so maybe I'm missing something and perhaps this is the worlds best hipster horror movie but I find that highly unlikely. Watch at your own will... or don't.... Don't.