Valentino man, Valentino.

If you don't already know my love for Valentino or understand it, watch this show and you'll understand.

Set in Rome, the Valentino haute couture collection for fall/winter was astonishing. It had a distinct ethereal and medival tone to it and it being based in Rome made it come that much more to life. The back drop for the show takes you to a time a number of years ago, on a lonesome sunday night in the middle of town after a ball or so. Everything about it had romance to it.





The whole collection was elegant and majestic. The dewy make-up, simplistic but regal headpieces and accessories and the gowns oh my goodness, the gowns. Whilst they all seemed to be cut in the same shape, they each were completely different and had their own story.


I felt as if the collection could have used a lot more colour, especially it being for the fall/winter collection. Autumnal colours would have worked so well with the designs and themes. Emerald green would have complimented both the season and the whole regal medieval looks. The red dresses I saw were definitely more my appeal than the array of black ones.

Whilst I found the show breathtakingly beautiful, that's mostly just because gowns and the whole kind of ethereal vibe is my taste exactly. I can see how some would find this show boring and it was in a way. Whilst the focus was definitely on the dresses, the show could have used better music, I feel as though a live performance would have worked so much better and infiltrated some movement into the show.

As a whole, I felt the whole show and even the collection in terms of makeup lacked a little something and it could have been so much better than it was. The dresses were absolutely stunning and it's a shame that they didn't get the entire platform they deserved. Alas, Valentino still has given me more reason to love their clothing and for that reason I cannot simply pick a few favourite pieces from this show.

One huge plus of this show however was the diversity in the models. Definitely a change from the all white and some asian cast from Chanel's show.