I was born in 1995; so I grew up in the midst of the 90's and got to watch the development of television over the years. From saturday morning BBC programmes and Nickelodeon to Sky Indie and E4. I grew up as a strange child though and matured much quicker than those around me. I grew up watching shows like That 70's Show at the age of 5 and The OC. With two older sisters and a somewhat 'rock chick' mother, I basically grew up as a 18 - 21 year old. So my list of childhood programmes may be slightly askew, but regardless here is my list.

That 70's Show.
That 70's Show is easily one of my favourite shows, although I am just now seeing the full extent of it's racism. I still watch and love the show now and it's a regular watch with me and my daddy. When I was younger I didn't see a lot of the things I see now, such as 'circle' I never realised they were getting high. Therefore watching this show now I understand and can relate a lot more to the characters and the show.

The show is a great one and I feel like the characters are still understandable and relatable today. That 70's Show, taught me a lot and it was interesting seeing something more alternative on the television than the mainstream family and values. The show had a sarcastic sense of humour which I think is what made it so great to watch.

Two Guys, A Girl and A Pizza Place.
 Can't say I remember too much about the actual show as the last time I watched this I was about 6. This is a show that I used to watch with my sisters after school. It's humorous and again, taught me a lot of things about adult life.

Two Guys, A Girl and A Pizza Place, follows literally what the title suggests. With a young Ryan Reynolds and Nathan Fillion, this show is filled with young romances and the road from being a young adult to adulthood.

Dharma and Greg.
Dharma and Greg, was an interesting show. It showed the 'hippie' life and then paralleled it with the mainstream ideologies and values again. It was interesting seeing both perspectives and also becoming aware to different ways of life.

The show was hilarious, it sometimes featured slapstick humour but also had a lot of sarcastic and more adult humour, that I find personally funny. The characters were quirky and although not relatable fully, you still understand them and their personalities.

Will & Grace.
Will & Grace was great. I think this might have been the show that really opened my eyes to the gay community and the reality of it, as they weren't really shown on television much. I feel like I owe this show a lot, for the way it made me open-minded and able to see things from all perspectives.

I can't fully remember the plot of the show but, what I do remember is the characters. They were eccentric but in the annoying way and they had a sense of humour that you just vibed with. They were also both very immature and mature, which is something I thought was great to see; professionals who aren't just focused and straight edge.

Ally McBeal.
I vaguely remember watching Ally McBeal as a child but remember that it was always on. Although I can't remember what happened and just that it was about a law firm, I can't say much but I still felt like I should give it an honorable mention as it was a large part of my life.

Dawsons Creek.
Dawsons Creek is much like Ally McBeal for me. I have vague memories of it but definitely know that I watched it constantly with my sisters. It's yet another show that taught me a lot about life and love.

My Wife and Kids.





















My Wife and Kids, is a show that has returned on VIVA along with That 70's Show. This means that me and my daddy, get to re-live my childhood everyday at like 5pm. My dad absolutely loves this show, I don't think I've ever seen him laugh so much at anything. This is a show that taught me a lot of family dynamics and relationships too. It's also genuinely funny, although a bit slapstick at times, which isn't for me.

Friends.
What childhood television list would be complete without a Friends cameo. Friends is arguably one of the best sitcoms of all times - probably due to the diverse personalities of the characters (although the lack of actual diversity is a slight problem with this show).
Friends, is a timeless show and no matter when you watch it you will always be able to relate and it's always as funny as the first time you saw it. Friends probably taught me the most about life and relationships and for that I am very grateful.