Directed by: Michael Dowse.
Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Zoe Kazan, Adam Driver, Megan Park, Mackenzie Davis.


What If, follows the life of heartbroken Wallace (Radcliffe) when he meets a new friend, Chantry (Kazan). When Wallace discovers she has a boyfriend, he is left to decide whether they should still remain friends even though he could be romantically attached.

So... you know how I said a couple blog-posts back that The Pretty One, was my new favourite film? I think this film just took over.

Honestly, this film was generic and predictable but that doesn't mean that it wasn't impressive. The film had comedy, romance, tragedy and was set in the wonderful Toronto. Everything about this film was just so sweet and heart-warming yet mature and not lacking depth.

I feel like the casting for this film was superb. We saw Adam Driver from Girls, Zoe Kazan from basically every film I've loved in the past year and Daniel Radcliffe from, well, you know.
The cast each brought elements to the screen that made you want to be friends with them all. I feel like the cast was very diverse yet had chemistry and the different personalities from all of the characters worked well together. None of the actors could be taken too seriously and yet still could be, in my opinion it all seemed in perfect balance.

I personally wasn't that moved by the cinematography. I thought that there was a lot of dark and inside scenes where there could have been great scenes created in more natural lighting which would have made the film more good-feeling.

However, I did think that the locations used were on point and I thought an insight into the cities of Toronto and Dublin were a lovely touch and made you feel more a part of the film.

The set up of the scenes were also on point. Especially the characters apartments, I felt that these showed a lot of personality without lingering in them too long. The attention to detail and perspective shots were a nice tough and warming to see.

Overall, for me, this film was definitely on par with that of 500 Days of Summer. Radcliffe's character reminded me of Joseph Gordon-Levitt's tremendously and the vibe was very alike. A quiet and calm film to watch whatever the season.