Directed by: Max Nichols.
Starring: Miles Teller, Analeigh Tipton, Jessica Szohr, Kid Cudi (Scott Mescudi).


Two Night Stand follows the story of two separate people who decide to hook up for the night. However, there is a snow storm in New York and they aren't able to leave the house for two days. This leads to a weekend of getting high, adventures and emotions.

I actually enjoyed Two Night Stand, quite a bit. It had the kind of witty and mature humour that I personally find funny and that actually makes me laugh. The film also featured Miles Teller who has proven himself to me over the past month or so in previous reviewed films.

The film was mostly set in New York City, Brooklyn and it definitely had that kind of Brooklyn vibe to it. In the sense of the apartment, how it was decorated and the kind of mindset the characters had. This was something that stood out to me, probably as a huge Brooklyn lover.

The cast was short and sweet. Obviously the story mainly follows the pair of people but there is also scenes with Jessica Szohr from Gossip Girl and Kid Cudi. These characters added a nice touch and their chemistry and humour was believable, although it did seem forced at times.

I feel as though Miles Teller played the role perfectly and the role suited him. He has a sense of innocence to him but yet maturity which made his character very credible. I personally didn't like Analeigh Tipton, both her character and her performance; although she did grow on me eventually. I felt her presence to be fake, immature and draining and I don't feel as though she suited that role too much.

The story-line itself, I didn't actually feel was that predictable. It definitely wasn't a total surprise and you knew how it would end but there were definitely times where I didn't know what to expect or what was going to happen.

The cinematography in this film, I didn't feel, was anything special. I thought the colours were well sorted and there was a lot of blue hues being thrown about, which kind of helped with story-line of it being a 'mans' room. The idea of it being a 'mans' room, especially with the prop of the ping pong table, helped to keep the plot twist a shock. 

What I liked most about the film, was the set-up and scenes of the apartments. The main males apartment specifically, I thought had a lot of personality and told us his story quite a bit.
The clothing that was worn, especially the main female characters clothing, I thought was very simple and plain. Just straight to the point with some edginess, which like the males room, spoke a lot about her personality.

Overall, this film was a fun watch with scenes that genuinely made me laugh out loud. The story wasn't too complex and also not to simple. There was a happy medium and I found the characters to be an interesting character study. I definitely liked this movie and would recommend for a film night with friends.